I am an experienced commercial Illustrator and Animator with over 25 years in the industry.
I’ve spent the past 18 years working in digital for a wide range of businesses from healthcare and education to gaming. Producing illustration, design and animation for games,
TV commercials, animated short films, web content, e-learning content, mobile and tablet apps for clients including BBC, Channel 4, Disney, Lego, Oracle, Eidos, Sony Playstation and Ubisoft.
Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Animate (Flash), Adobe Illustrator.
May 2013 – present: Freelance Illustrator and Animator
Producing pitch artwork, storyboarding, illustration and animation for clients, including:
• BBC3 – Editorial illustration.
• Plug-in Media – Pitch artwork, animation and game content.
• Jollywise – Pitch artwork and game content.
• South Downs National Park – ‘Tilt’ hired me to produce an animation on responsible dog ownership, using characters I created based on voice recordings of interviews with real dog walkers. Click here to view project
• Unilever – Oracle – Working with ‘Plastic Pictures’ I produced internal training animations for Unilever, also a condensed history of Oracle, in ‘A Tech Trip Down Memory Lane’. Click here to view project
March 2000 – May 2013: Senior Illustrator, Kerb, Digital Creative Company
Click here to view site
• Lead concept artist at Kerb, which specialised in producing games for viral marketing, animated TV adverts, e-learning content, web design and mobile and tablet apps.
• Involved in all elements of production, from brainstorming to delivery: pitch artwork, storyboarding, character design, user interface design, logos and animation.
• Managing a team of modellers translating 2D concept artwork into finished 3D assets.
• Clients and projects I worked on include:
BBC – Radio 1 Showtime game; Children in Need Pudsey’s Bake-Off game; Newsround Animal Rescue game; My Almost Famous Family Superlife game; Ma France e-learning game; Dick and Dom Bung-A-lympics game; BBC Wales Bullies animation; Casualty Luke’s Ambulance game; CBeebies Red Riding Hood animation; Fimbles Bubble Paint game; Ben and Smalls Baking game; Hider in the House game; Tweenies Bella’s Stall game; and Springwatch Colour game.
Channel 4 – Stack Da Police game; You Lose game.
Disney – Pooh and Friends mobile wallpapers; Magic Emoji mobile game; Buzz Lightyear Zurg game; Kim Possible Rufus Rescue game; Lilo and Stitch pod collection game; Teamo Supremo game; Puzzle Kingdom game.
Lego – Train Driver and Airport Action games.
Sony Playstation – PSP Essentials games – Robo Defender, Space Tower and Grav Lander; Jak II Renegade website and game; Loco Roco 2 website and game; EyePet game; Invizimals Shadow Zone website and game.
Stan James – Free Kick Challenge game; Royal Racers game
Ubisoft – Fashion Addict game.
Stan James ‘Free Kick Challenge’ – my character and UI design and animation, which was a hugely successful game for Kerb and client. NMA Effectiveness Award Winner – over 81 million unique game plays and still going strong Click here to view project
I enjoy being able to employ different styles and methods – demonstrated by
Channel 4 ‘You Lose’ game – I created and produced illustrations in Photoshop then animated the pop-ups in Flash. Click here to view project
Ubisoft ‘Fashion Addict’ game – drawing in vectors gave the illustrations a sketched feel and allowed me to produce a very quick turn around of assets. Click here to view project
Sept 1991 – Feb 2000 Co-Owner – 4 Elements/Upfront, Screen Printing Company
• Specialising in one-off airbrushed T-shirts and test printing for large scale T-shirt production.
• Running the art department, creating separations for silk screening.
• Both photo mechanical transfer cameras and hand cut stencil methods.
1988 – 2000 Freelance Illustrator and Signwriter
• T-Shirt graphics for fashion labels the Custard Shop, Dope Clothing, Bone Idol and Mau Mau.
• Skateboard graphics for Deathbox, Dope, FSU and Pig City Skates.
• Also produced signs for local businesses using traditional signwriting techniques.
1985 – 1987 Eastbourne College of Art: National Diploma in Art and Design,
merit in Illustration